Sunday, January 15, 2012

Let the Journey Begin

The time is now!  I had a baby a year ago and gained a lot of weight from that.  Then the year before, I got a divorce (of 12yrs) which was an emotional event that I also gained a lot of weight from.  These last few years I have allowed myself to experience extreme unhealthy proportions. The time is now to gain control of my life.  Not just for my own needs to be healthy, even more important for my daughter and to be the best to example for her.  In addition to creating this blog I have entered into a contest which is being hosted by Gold’s Gym.  Part of their contest requirements are to blog once a week which I will be posting.  I will be logging everyday what I eat through myfitnesspal.com website.  My profile is open to the public which doesn’t require you to be a member.  So feel free to follow.  Through the wonderful help of Brain Jones, an old high school friend, I will be taking the “Body By Vi Challenge,” which will help me with my diet. 
I made this blog public so that I can have people out there help me with my big fat journey.  I want to lose about 100 pounds this year.  I will be posting my weight each week.  I will post pictures and my measurements once a month to mark my progress.
Here are my BEFORE/January pictures:  GROSS :P

As of January 1, 2012, I weighted 214.6 pounds with a 41.5% body fat.
Measurements:
Chest - 43"
Waist - 43"
Hips - 53"


Just for motivation I have included a picture of what I am working towards! I know I can do this.  This picture was taken in 2006, meaning I was 32 in this picture.  Only a few years ago.  I CAN DO IT! 
My goal is to weight around 120, but more importantly I want a body fat percentage of 18%.


6 comments:

  1. What an awesome goal! I wish you the very best of luck in your efforts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Heidi. I'll check it out. I just started a food blog and need help creating quick, healthy and affordable meals for singles, couples and families. From all the reading i have been doing it is really up to portion control and exercise. Everybody still calls me skinny but I have to admit that i'm 37 and still find time to skateboard three times a week so its not just an accident! check out the blog and i'll check yours. lol. also i have found that taking the time to cook all your own meals helps any diet. http://fullcontactkitchen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am officially a follower now! I am VERY excited to follow your progress and of course share your SUCCESS story! AS you know please call me, text me, email me for ANYTHING! Congrats on your 90 day challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck... you will totally do it! I am excited for your upcoming posts to see your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl, I am so impressed by your drive and determination to make things happen. Weight loss is no different and it is no stinking joke. It is hard work and with support and help can be a possibility. I have to get paid to exercise:) The money motivates me and the fear of being fired does as well. I wish the best in everything. May your muscles bend and mold with you and forgive you for the shake down that's about to happen! Bring it! If you need some good work out songs I just made a new playlist that is making me run a little harder and climb stairs a little faster.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heidi, Hey, I am so impressed that you are striving for your goal while you have so much else to do in your life! You have a great start and it looks like lots of support. I have slacked off since moving and Christmas so it's my turn to turn up the heat and work harder too. I'm going to Heather's class so I hope she doesn't kill me! Really! Talk to you soon and keep up the great Job!

    ReplyDelete